Anyone who has lived long enough in Arizona knows the brutal weathering effects of the sun’s UV rays and excessive heat on your BMW’s exterior and interior surfaces and components. Items such as your vehicle’s paint, vinyl and rubber, headlight lenses, leather and fabric materials and plastics are all vulnerable to weathering damage due to climate. Simple routine care and treatment steps can go far to protect your investment while improving appearance. Following are some simple things you can do to help protect your vehicle:
- Apply a high quality carnauba type wax at least twice a year on your vehicle’s external painted surfaces.
- Apply a good vinyl protectant to exterior rubber and plastic surfaces like window trim, moldings and tires, especially after rain or a car wash. Also to interior surfaces like vinyl seating and dashboards.
- Use a high quality leather cleaner and conditioner on your vehicle’s leather seating and trim areas once or twice a year to combat the extreme dry conditions experienced in Arizona.
- Frequent interior vacuuming of carpeting and mats will reduce the damaging effects of dirt and grit to carpet fibers.
- Sun-clouded headlight and taillight lenses can often be improved with the use of a headlight restoring product.
- Use an interior front windshield screen to reduce damage to your dashboard and keep your steering wheel from getting too hot
- Use a spot detailer product as needed between wax jobs to protect exterior surfaces.
And if you don’t have the time or energy to do it yourself, we can refer an auto detailer to you.